The Courses at Andrews Air Force Base are an essential part of the Base Recreation Program. The complex is managed and maintained in a relaxed "country club" atmosphere.
The golf courses are normally open for play seven days a week, from 0730 until dusk, Monday through Friday, and 0630 until dusk on Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays. All seasonal changes in the operational hours are posted throughout the clubhouse.
We offer our patrons three 18 hole championship golf courses. The East Course is a par 72. The West Course is par 71 for men and par 73 for women. The South Course is par 72.
|Welcome to the largest resale Golf Pro Shop in the Air Force. Our Military Resort Golf Shop was rated in the top 100 Pro Shops, as voted by Golf Shop Operations Magazine. We invite you to visit our Golf Shop to view the latest in leisure attire. Golf lessons are available by appointment. Other professional services offered are club and cart rentals and club repairs. All inquiries can be made by contacting the Pro Shop at (301) 736-4595.|
|CAFETERIA / LOUNGE|
|The cafeteria serves daily breakfast combinations, hot luncheon specials, and a variety of sandwiches, soups and salads. The cocktail lounge is a favorite meeting area after a "round of golf" or to watch the sporting event of the day on the wide screen televisions.|
|AUTHORIZED PARTICIPATION OF FACILITIES|
ANNUAL GREEN FEE PLAY
• Active and retired members of the Armed Forces and their family members
• Civilian employees working for the Federal Government and their dependent family members. Proof of employment status (civilian ID card) must be verified.
• Refunds are only permitted to active duty personnel and only for pcs purposes. Copy of official orders are necessary for reimbursement.
DAILY GREEN FEE PLAY
• Authorized Users: Military, DoD civilians and their dependent family members. (Proper ID must be presented)
• Civilian Guest: Authorized personnel may sponsor civilian guests. In an attempt to keep traffic flow at a minimum, and to make your entry as easy as possible, we suggest all golfing patrons enter the base through the Virginia Avenue Gate, located off Old Alexander Ferry Rd. We continue to encourage and support guest play. Your guest must present a photo ID to the installation entry controller for access to the Golf Course.
|All requests for golf tournaments, team matches, social events to be conducted at The Courses will be accepted by written application to the Golf Course General Manager. Tournaments must have a minimum participation of 40 players. Management reserves the right to cancel scheduled tournaments if the minimum of 40 players is not met. Shotgun starts will only be approved for groups of 72 players or more. Contact our Catering Department for particulars at (301) 736-4594.|
All personnel who play on The Course will abide by the Rules of Golf as formulated by the United States Golf Association (USGA), and comply with any local rules.
FAMILY MEMBERS: Family members between 8 and 12 years of age must be accompanied by and adult when playing the course, including practice greens and practice areas.
PRIORITY of PLAY: Priority of play will be given to foursomes. The starter may at his/her discretion, depending on the amount of play, allow threesomes, twosomes or singles to play.
RULES ENFORCEMENT: Course marshalls/starters and course management are responsible for enforcing the rules. They have the authority to request any player to leave the course for infractions of rules.
OTHER RESTRICTIONS: Bicycles are not allowed on the course, inside the Golf Course Clubhouse, on the patio or on any sidewalk area. Picnics are not authorized anywhere on the course.
RAIN CHECKS: Rain checks will not be given unless the course is closed for unplayable conditions.